PDA

View Full Version : Turban Coral

squirt_12
09-12-2010, 07:28 PM
I just purchased one a few days ago, it's probably about 4" in diameter and has a green tone of polyp on it. My question is, what are peoples reactions to this coral? Like if you like it or don't or what. Also what all are you feeding it? So far mine has accepted brine shrimp and mysis shrimp. The polyps loved them.

Thanks.

ILuvMyGoldBarb
09-12-2010, 08:59 PM
For anyone not familiar with this name, this is also known as a Pagoda Coral. These are great corals, and quite hearty. Be sure to give it plenty of room to grow though, they can get rather large.

squirt_12
09-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks ILMGB. I do have alot of room for it to grow. I have one end of the tank dedicated just for it. They are definitely hardy. After just a few days it's been fully open and accepting food. If the coral were to get huge and I wanted to propagate, how abouts would I go along doing this since it's got a hard body?

ILuvMyGoldBarb
09-13-2010, 03:18 AM
There are a couple of ways of going about it. One of the more popular ways involves a wet saw with a diamond blade.

squirt_12
09-13-2010, 09:51 PM
There are a couple of ways of going about it. One of the more popular ways involves a wet saw with a diamond blade.

Oh, so they're a little more difficult then. I am assuming that you would have to cut through the hard skeleton part of it then and that's the piece that will be the frag?

ILuvMyGoldBarb
09-14-2010, 03:30 AM
yup, that's it.