PDA

View Full Version : Rep points for each green square

Pleco380
09-11-2010, 04:28 PM
How many points do you need to get each new green square? Just curious.

bushwhacker
11-12-2010, 01:26 AM
dont really know i've never seen it to be a certain number

as you can see i only have two green squares and that weird lookin yellow thing

Pleco380
11-12-2010, 06:55 AM
I see four green squares and the yellow star. Thanks for the reply.

Lady Hobbs
11-12-2010, 02:27 PM
I will refer this to William because I don't think any of the Mods have the answer either and I'd like to know, as well.

All I know is that you have to earn so many rep points to get one green box. It is not a green box for every rep but an acclimation of them. When you get so many of them, you get the gold star. My "guess" is 10,000 but frankly, I just don't know so will have the Master answer this correctly rather than my guesses.

I "think" everyone gets 100 rep points just for joining but not sure on that either now.

William
11-12-2010, 04:58 PM
A dark green box is 100 points

Pleco380
11-13-2010, 03:24 AM
Thanks. What about light green and yellow boxes?

Xavier
11-13-2010, 04:11 AM
weird, I have 500 rep, but only 4 boxes... and no award either :(

Trillianne
11-13-2010, 04:14 AM
weird, I have 500 rep, but only 4 boxes... and no award either :(

I think for the awards you have to request them. Just follow the link in the giant list of rewards you can request.

Xavier
11-13-2010, 04:28 AM
I requested one when I hit 100, and then again when I hit 500, but nothing yet...

Pleco380
11-13-2010, 05:47 AM
Sometimes you have to wait. I've requested another reward too and just have to be patient.

funkman262
11-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Ok I thought it was just me. I requested several over a week ago and nothing yet.

Lady Hobbs
11-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Xavier.......let me take a stab at explaining what I think this is about.

(weird, I have 500 rep, but only 4 boxes... and no award either)

You start out with 10 rep points as a new member. You are credited with only the points that you have earned. In other words, you actually have 10 less than you see of earned points.

(I requested one when I hit 100, and then again when I hit 500, but nothing yet...)

You requested what? You do not request green boxes. They appear automatically when your point count increases.

Some awards must be requested and some are done thru the Administrator.

If you read down this list http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/awards.php and see a "request" button, you will know which ones are requested awards.

If you request an award, and it has not arrived, do not request again or it will become confusing and awards will be given more than once and have to be removed. In the same sense, make sure you only request the correct award or again, those not earned or duplicates will be removed.

Request awards only from that thread and do not send requests to William because that will just cause more duplicates and confusion.

Lady Hobbs
11-13-2010, 02:47 PM
PS.....October awards have not been issued yet and most likely they were simple overlooked. William will get to them soon now that he received a reminder.

Xavier
11-13-2010, 03:10 PM
When I started I didn't have 100 rep points. After 3 people gave me some I hit 106-107, which is when I requested the bronze rep reward for (100). I made the mistake of requesting it again, when I hit 500. Sorry about that :sconfused:

Lady Hobbs
11-13-2010, 03:25 PM
I'll have to check again to see what people start with. I thought it was 10 then thought it was 100 and now don't know!

Anyway, check the awards thread again. You get an award for Bronze Rep for 100 but the next one is for the Silver which is 1000. There is no 500.
But I thought you were talking about requesting green boxes. Sheesh! Now I'm confused as you are. LOL

OK......I just checked again. New members start with 10. (I will change my previous post "again"). You are not given credit for the freebies .....only those earned.......so if you began requesting already at 106, you actually had only 96 of earned ones.

But regardless, William will get those awards out very soon and you'll have what you've earned.

Xavier
11-13-2010, 03:28 PM
LOL, I know, this is all strange to me. In gaming forums there is no rep system :P

No, I requested the bronze at 100, but when nothing happened for awhile, I requested it again, but only once I hit 500. My two other rewards came within a day, so weeks going by seemed odd.

William
11-13-2010, 03:36 PM
I have xavier. Just behind on giving them out.

Lightgreen = 200
Yellow = 500

Lady Hobbs
11-13-2010, 04:09 PM
LOL, I know, this is all strange to me. In gaming forums there is no rep system :P

No, I requested the bronze at 100, but when nothing happened for awhile, I requested it again, but only once I hit 500. My two other rewards came within a day, so weeks going by seemed odd.

There is not another forum I've belonged to that has rep system and gifts and awards. That's one of the things that make this forum unique in itself.

But we have been talking about rep points and awards at the same time which caused us some crossed wires and confusion.

mermaidwannabe
11-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks for explaining this. I've been wondering, myself, about how this system works. Learning more and more, here ...

-- mermaid

:fish2: :fish: :goldfish:

Pleco380
11-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Lightgreen = 200
Yellow = 500

Thanks William. Now I know how that works.

Lady Hobbs
11-13-2010, 05:27 PM
When speaking of points, it can become confusing because there is two kinds of points.

As a new member, you start with 100 points.......the points you get for posting in threads, starting your own thread, winning the lottery, etc. Those are the points you buy stuff with or spend on gifts. Those can be banked or left as they are. You get no awards for those.

Then we have reputation points. (The green boxes)
New members start with 10 Reputation points which is something totally different than bank points. These are only given to you by other members and those you get awards for. The amount you get from other members is based on how many they have themselves.

If they have just joined, only have their free 10 reputation points and have earned none themselves, you will only get a grayed out box. It simply means they attempted to give you rep but was unable to because they had none to give. If someone has earned a few points themselves, and they give you good rep, you will only get a very small amount of points from them. Perhaps 10? But if someone has 20,000 Reputation points themselves, and rep someone, that person may get 50.

If you have reputation and give reputation to another, your points do not decrease, cost you nothing to give and is a nice gesture for someone helping you out or writing a good post to someone else.

This is the awards you get for reputation points and the required number of points you must have to get these awards.

Bronze Reputation Reward (http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/awards.php?do=viewaward&award_id=26)
This award is given to members that have received 100 reputation points.

Silver Reputation Reward (http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/awards.php?do=viewaward&award_id=27) This award is given to members that have received 1000 reputation points.

Gold Reputation Reward (http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/awards.php?do=viewaward&award_id=28) This award is given to members that have received 10000 reputation points.

mermaidwannabe
11-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks again, Lady Hobbs.

-- mermaid

funkman262
11-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Jeez, I didn't realize William dealt with the reward requests on his own (among all of the other things he's in charge of on this site). And I'm sure he has a life outside of his duties here lol. No wonder things can get backed up on him.

William
11-14-2010, 01:50 AM
It doesn´t take much time and should be done weekly. The real life is whats takes up all the time ;-)

mermaidwannabe
11-14-2010, 03:12 PM
I think this is a wonderful system, and another reason AC is my favorite fish forum.

-- mermaidwannabe

:ariel:

funkman262
11-24-2010, 07:10 AM
lol jiujie I think you might have responded in the wrong thread ;)

Jeez, I just noticed you posted the same response in like 20 different threads...