PDA

View Full Version : My Blue Rams Mated!

Sandz
09-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Ok so I haven't even been able to post that I got my two little babies two weeks ago. 1 German Female Blue Ram and then a week later a Male Blue Ram. They have been in the tank less than a week and I HAVE EGGS! Now I need a crash course on how to make sure the babies survive! Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!

~Per

Sandz
09-11-2010, 08:56 AM
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fishpictures/data/500/medium/2010-09-11_01_08_42.jpg

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fishpictures/data/500/medium/2010-09-11_01_21_22.jpg

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fishpictures/data/500/medium/2010-09-11_01_20_45.jpg

Taurus
09-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Why did you start another thread with the same pictures? I gotta tell you Per, no offense intended, but I don't get you. Stick to one thread and post your results there. How do you expect us to help you if you keep posting different threads all over the forum. Stick to one thread. It's so much easier to analyze.

WhiteDevil
09-11-2010, 07:54 PM
either way.

If they are the only fish in the tank, leave the eggs be, rams are great parents once they figure out the ropes.
they lay on flat stones at the bottom of the tank, I had a few breeding pairs that age took care of however every ram ive bred defends their young with extreme prejudice.

If you must remove the fry be prepared to feed them every 2 hours during the day, must get special foods.

If you let the parents raise them in an established healthy tank they will find their own food and the parents will watch their backs very closely.

Sandz
09-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Why did you start another thread with the same pictures? I gotta tell you Per, no offense intended, but I don't get you. Stick to one thread and post your results there. How do you expect us to help you if you keep posting different threads all over the forum. Stick to one thread. It's so much easier to analyze.

I have no issue doing that. The only reason I started a second thread is because I posted in my journal which is documenting everything happening with the tank. I wanted specific info on these fish and decided to make a post that was in the correct area to obtain that information. I dont assume that anyone would be specifically reading my individual tank post. I hope you understand my intent is not to flood the forum but to obtain the most ammount of information possible.

~Per

Sandz
09-13-2010, 07:29 PM
either way.

If they are the only fish in the tank, leave the eggs be, rams are great parents once they figure out the ropes.
they lay on flat stones at the bottom of the tank, I had a few breeding pairs that age took care of however every ram ive bred defends their young with extreme prejudice.

If you must remove the fry be prepared to feed them every 2 hours during the day, must get special foods.

If you let the parents raise them in an established healthy tank they will find their own food and the parents will watch their backs very closely.

Thanks for the information. I have read that the cichlid family lays eggs then buries them. Is this true? Do they take the fertile eggs and put them in the substrate?

~Per