PDA

View Full Version : The Berghai are in:)

labnjab
09-10-2010, 11:29 PM
The berghai nudibranches are in and acclimated. We took a quick pic before they disappeared in the rocks since they are nocturnal. These things are small. One started snacking on an aptasia right away. We bought 3 of them.

Its hard to see but its the gray in the center of the black circle. These ones are bred from high flow tanks and really hold onto the rocks. You can also see a small chunk of our aptasia problem http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/jabsgirlforever/75%20gallon/100_2018.jpg Hopefully the will have our aptasia problem under control in a few months.

These will breed in the home aquarium so once they start I will put some up for sale

Cliff
09-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Cool pic

I'll have to do a little reading about these guys

harpua2002
09-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Very cool, congrats! As I understand it, these nudi's are obligate feeders on aiptasia... what happens when they eat them all?

Red
09-11-2010, 04:32 PM
You sell them to someone who has aptasia problems, and you keep the chain going.
Good luck with them getting rid of it.

labnjab
09-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Thank you

Very cool, congrats! As I understand it, these nudi's are obligate feeders on aiptasia... what happens when they eat them all?

The trick is to have just enough berghai to control the aptasia, but not enough to eliminate them completely. If the population of aptasia runs low all I need to do is try and pull a few aptasia off the rock and in a few weeks there will several more. As for now they have enough for 6 months to a year. There are several people interested in them in my local reef club so when the time comes I can find a home

harpua2002
09-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Oh, nice. I see some people keeping them around here too. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding new homes for them! I did not know that they bred in home aquaria... please start a thread about them if you start finding babies! Good luck with them!