PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Exotic Crayfish

Crawdaddy8
09-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi all. I am brand spanking new to this site. I live in the U.S., and am in the process of setting up some large, new crayfish species tanks. I want to purchase several different kinds of exotic crayfish and was hoping that someone could give me some direction on where to buy them. I have looked all over the internet, and am familiar with watercritter.com, but have been unable to communicate with anyone there despite several attempts. Perhaps I am doing something wrong? (I had some questions before I buy.) I would like to find some very large Australian species if possible, redclaws for starters. Could someone please, please help me?

Thanks!

Aude
09-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Have you checked the invertebrates section of aquabid.com?

Brhino
09-08-2010, 06:25 PM
I was going to suggest aquabid as well but it doesn't look like they have a ton of variety.

Crawdaddy8
09-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Thanks guys. I just checked out Aquabid, and that is definitely helpful. (it is trustworthy, right?) Their selection is ok, but do you have any other leads?

Brhino
09-08-2010, 06:45 PM
(it is trustworthy, right?)

Aquabid's just like ebay: sellers have feedback ratings that you can check out. So long as you're dealing with someone with a good record, you should get good results.

Aude
09-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Have you checked liveaquaria either? Their selection of inverts does tend to be small, but I suppose worth a look. Also, the aquabid selection changes up almost every day. It might be worth contacting a few of the sellers who post listings of other types of crayfish and see if they have any ideas or contacts.

Edit - This forum also might be worth a gander: http://www.crayfishmates.com/crayfish_forum/

HEADIN
09-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Slightly of topic but my local has a small blue 1 at the min 4 sale. If I didnt hav my bottom feeders like my kuhli n clowns n corys etc id have him snapped up. But he wud destroy them all in no time.

Crawdaddy8
09-09-2010, 01:36 AM
Thanks everyone!! This has been very helpful. Does anyone know about this website? http://www.crazycrays.com/crayfish.html Can't seem to get in touch with anyone, but they have an awesome selection based on their site. Please let me know.....

Lab_Rat
09-09-2010, 01:54 AM
I know someone who breeds the electric blue P. alleni and her prices are very reasonable. If you're interested I'll PM you her info.

Fishguy2727
09-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Where do you live?

Crawdaddy8
09-09-2010, 02:23 AM
I am interested! Is this the "Blue Pearl" crayfish? I live in Missouri.