PDA

View Full Version : left overs of died fish

Avroy7
09-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi all,

I am new to aquatic world.

last week, i visited one of pet shop here.
I saw they keeping leftovers ( dead body) of fish in tank.
are they keeping it for some purpose ?
or is it a just an unclean tank?:22:

Lady Hobbs
09-04-2010, 12:16 PM
They are not saving it. They just hadn't gotten it removed from the tank yet. You see that all the time and can see it at any store.

Cliff
09-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Could be a part of stock that past away, maybe?

If there tanks are not connected to one sump system, they might to using them as a sourse of ammoina to the the tanks?

Either way, this place dose not sound like a good place to buy fish

Avroy7
09-04-2010, 12:31 PM
i see,,
now i got the clear pic.
anyway, i am planing to get few guppies and Sword tail by next week from another shop.
meantime let me go through the "beginer posts":11:
thanks a lot

jefcully
09-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Hi ! There, I am also new here,and that is a curious question.No it does not put dead fish in the tank. Probably just hadn't gotten it removed from the tank yet.It is common in every fish store.

gadget228
09-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Seeing a dead fish in a tank store isn't unusual but if you noticed more than a couple and in different tanks, it's time to find a different store.

Cliff
09-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Hi ! There, I am also new here,and that is a curious question.No it does not put dead fish in the tank. Probably just hadn't gotten it removed from the tank yet.It is common in every fish store.

I would not say its common in every LFS. There is LFS in the city that live which I got to very often. I've only ever seen one dead fish in there tanks for the past year it's been open. You don't see dead fish in the very good LSF, IMO

Pleco380
09-04-2010, 07:30 PM
I agree with Cliff. At my LFS it kind of depends who is on staff at the time. You rarely see dead fish and the tanks are usually quite clean but the odd time someone will be on staff and forget to clean the tanks and clean up dead fish. When that happens I go home with no fish.

dizzysocks
10-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Maybe they have pet cat who loves fish