PDA

View Full Version : Any help would be greatly appreciated

promise
09-03-2010, 04:56 AM
So i have been told on another forum (sorry William) that my Flowerhorn is a "Zhen Zue" or "ZZ"

What the heck is one of those breeds?? anyone have a clue

im not interested in the fish patterns and how much its worth………………..i rescued it, its an awesome Cichlid, one of the most aggressive things i have ever had the pleasure of putting into one of my tanks, i really genuinely like it it is a delight to see it trying to kill me through the tank glass when i put my hand or face to close but the stupid thing lets me put my hand in there and stroke it (go figure).

im just now curious as to what the ZZ and GM breed differences are.

anybody have any idea on this, any FH experts out there on this wonderful site???

the other site i like shouting into a graveyard waiting for an answer so im done with that one.

promise
09-03-2010, 05:52 AM
oh and here are a couple of new pics of the lil gal/guy (mixed answers as well)

the first one is when she is p*@sed and rushes the glass at me.
and the last one just moments before the frenzied rush notice the bands really geting dark on her unformed hump above her head.

Little Embers
09-03-2010, 07:02 AM
I don't know if you have already seen this or if it helps any...has the different breeds and their origins etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowerhorn_cichlid

BTW: Great pics.

promise
09-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Yeah i read something similar to that, i just figure i needed a little bit more info than 1 paragraph thats all.

thank you for the link to good information. thumbs2:

HaloStormchaser
02-13-2011, 01:14 AM
Very nice. I would love to have a ZZ Flowerhorn. I just recently got a Fly Neo Dragon Flowerhorn. Managed to get him for only $8. Aparently the pet store didnt know what they had. Good luck with your fish, the bigger the bump on the head, the lucker the owner is.