PDA

View Full Version : The complete guide to a thread headline.

Drumachine09
06-17-2007, 05:48 AM
I have meen noticing lately, that many headlines to threads have flaws in them. There are several problems with some thread titles, and here are the two most common flaws that i see:

(keep in mind that these are not actual thread titles, and are not directed towards any being)

1.)The title is too long/informative Ex. "I have lots of algae. What can i do to fix it?"

Keep the titles short, sweet, and to the point. A better example would be "algae problems". Its short, and lets you know EXACTLY what lies behind the link.

2.)The title is too short, or doesnt have anything to do with the question or statment being proposed via the thread. Ex. "how do i do this?"

How do you do what? Tie a barrel knot? Teach a dog to sit? Make a souffle? You want to offer insight as to what likes behind the link. Some are exceptable (ie, crackatinneys provocative threads), because he has provided insight, you just have a dirty mind.:hmm3grin2orange:

In short, keep your thread titles short and and to the point.

gm72
06-17-2007, 06:17 AM
Outstanding points. We do not mind new-comers to our community, but we do expect a certain amount of courtesy and organization. We are here to help and will do so as long as everyone maintains civility and education throughout the resolution.

crackatinny
06-17-2007, 06:28 AM
Good thread Drum, some thread titles do leave us guessing at times, by the way, are you sure it is not you with the dirty mind? LOL, some of my thread titles do get some attention though.

Drumachine09
06-17-2007, 06:29 AM
Good thread Drum, some thread titles do leave us guessing at times, by the way, are you sure it is not you with the dirty mind? LOL, some of my thread titles do get some attention though.

Lol. Guilty. What was one of them. "bald crack"?

Lady Hobbs
06-17-2007, 08:56 AM
And please don't use cuss words within the title! We're not supposed to cuss here at all but putting cuss words right in the title of the thread is really annoying.

gm72
06-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Annoying? Yes. Inappropriate is more like it though.

"Bald crack" LOL!