PDA

View Full Version : If its not one thing , its another.

BettaLovin
09-01-2010, 12:43 AM
im nursing a betta with ich.a cory with temp and salt issues and now my damned a.c. went down so im going to be up all night nursing a tank and watching water temps. this sucks.

any ideas for keeping temps around 80 without a overnight cool off?

Lab_Rat
09-01-2010, 02:17 AM
I assume you are worried about the tank getting too hot? How hot is your house? If the tank gets to 82 it's not horrible, even 84 is ok for short periods for most fish. If you have an airstone, run it to increase oxygenation. You can also take the lid off and blow a fan over the top of the tank, you'll just need to top off tomorrow for evaporation.

Time-Out
09-01-2010, 02:53 PM
I can't say I've ever had troubles keeping a tank cool (except the coldwater one, but goldfish can handle that). I can help with keeping it warm if you like? :-)

BettaLovin
09-03-2010, 02:49 AM
:) thanks time out. ill get back to you before winter for those tips and ideas.

i have the filter on full flow.
i added a bubble bar.
i take the lid off during the day. with fans near by blowing onto it.

it gets pretty hot in so il bout 87 today and the tank got to 84.

ive taken to freezing some of thier fish food in a mix with water and one of thier larger stones from the tank(for the weight) and dropping them in to the tank. just one extra small ice cube made up mostly of ood doesnt cool down the tank alot but they really seem to enjoy hte little cold freeze dried bloodworms.and frozen betta pellets.

im not messing them up am i?