PDA

View Full Version : TetraColor tropical crisps

YaYgoldFish
06-16-2007, 09:56 PM
I had been using nutrafin max flakes since i started feeding any of my fish ( in the sig) ( except cudas) and they like it so-so. My gourami only ate a flake a day..ehh..the barbs enjoyde it. Today i went to this really sweet petshop with loads of stuff and decided to change the variety for my fish. They had this huge selection and all these formats. I decided to buy a medium sized pack of TetraColor tropical crisps. I put a few crisps in and the barbs payed no attention to it. My gourami ate atleast 3 to itself! so i left it there ( it doesn't sink)and once it got to the filter flow it sunk like a pellet. One of the barbs ate it then they both instantly started literraly jumping OUT of the water to eat these. When they were done eating, i saw them racing around everywhere. My fish just seem to love this stuff. Ill get pics of the barbs jumping soon. Anyone else try this stuff?

sergo
06-16-2007, 11:46 PM
it's funny what fish can get used to, huh. that's why it's good to vary their diet and it helps them too by giving them different things that they can't get out of just one food.

genitor
06-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Yeah i use this food all the time. Angels, swordtails and pearl gouramis love it.

gm72
06-17-2007, 07:55 PM
I use it on occasion, my fish seem to like it. I get different types of food every time to provide variety. Typically I buy in large containers and mix about half-and-half flakes/pellets/etc. and spirulina.

JillyFish
08-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm not really a big fan of tetramin food, but the crisps are much better quality than their regular flake. if you want variety, i'd recommend using frozen foods (bloodworms, mysis shrimp, etc.). The best brand of food I've found so far is Aquadine, but its hard to find places that stock it because they mix it for you right in the store depending on what type of fish you have and how many of each you have. Its great quality.

Fishguy2727
08-10-2007, 08:04 PM
The only stuff I would use from Tetra is the TetraMin Pro Crisps (better than the regular crisps mentioned in this thread). But NLS has a flake, and small pellets.