PDA

View Full Version : Found baby BN's! - round 2

jwstewart
08-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Earlier this week I discovered a new batch of baby BN's. I new this should happen soon as the male was hidden for a while.

About 7-10 had grown to 1.25-1.5cm. I was unable to find a correctly sized tank divider, so they are going to basically be on their own.

Then I watch sort of stunned as the betta hunted a couple and chowed down on them. He didn't like his new home, my pancake mixing bowl, and jumped out. So I filled the 2.5g aqua Alien and dump him in there.

The other fish don't seem to be interested in the babies as 5-7 remain. I saw the african dwarf frog very close to them, not sure if he was going for air or supper.

The fry are hiding in various places, and seem to feed on algae. I can't say if they have eaten any of the vegetable or fish food.

Is there a special food for BN fry?

Alasse
08-29-2010, 02:56 AM
Nope no special food, they will eat what the parents do. Try to leave them with an adult as it gives then a boost making them a bit hardier.

snail
08-31-2010, 04:14 PM
If they fit in his mouth and he can catch them the frog will eat them. This happened to me. I never saw the frog eat a fish but my baby fish disapeared one per night until I removed him from the tank. Yours might be big enough and fast enough by now to be safe, but I wouldn't count on it.