PDA

View Full Version : major suggestions needed please

tattooedgrahamcracker
06-16-2007, 04:52 PM
hey guys i need some seriouce ideas on what to do next the pond is almost dug now i have a 2 year old son and i need to raise the sides of the pond about 2 feet above ground and still be able to secure the pond liner my hubby said to just do a rock wall with cement but im concerned that there will be to much outward pressure on the wall i was thinking of putting a wall of plywood down to the plant shelf secured with rebar then the rock wall around the out side ( trying to keep it natural) with a 1 inch gap between the wood and rock. then place the liner between the two and fill with cement. think that will work or do you have any other sugestions im open to any and all thoughts

Nick_Pavlovski
06-17-2007, 11:29 PM
I think you have a good plan, there.
Rather than cement you could use lots of pebbles, but that's a more costly exercise.
How about old railway sleepers rather than plywood?

crackatinny
06-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Only prob with a rock wall is, it would give the young fella footing places to climb.

tattooedgrahamcracker
06-18-2007, 03:36 PM
very good point about the rocks thanks guys

Rue
06-18-2007, 04:34 PM
...frankly...with a 2-year old I don't know how much safety features will help...he needs constant supervision around ANY water danger...

The rocks might encourage him to climb...but should he ever fall in, he could also use them as a handgrip...so I'm fine with the rocks...

Lady Hobbs
06-18-2007, 04:41 PM
What I've read regarding rock sides is to slate them out to prevent pressure on them and perhaps slating them like this will prevent that young one from climbing them too easily. I would be concerned in any event. Kids are so fast at that age.

tattooedgrahamcracker
06-18-2007, 07:59 PM
What I've read regarding rock sides is to slate them out to prevent pressure on them and perhaps slating them like this will prevent that young one from climbing them too easily. I would be concerned in any event. Kids are so fast at that age.
man your telling me:14: