PDA

View Full Version : Bubba has been sold.

2manyfish
06-15-2007, 11:45 PM
I sold Bubba my picasso triggerfish. :scry:
A couple of days ago I caught him fighting with my yellow tang. He wasn't doing much damage to her but I could tell it wouldn't be long before he started getting too rowdy. I was going to set up the empty 40g for him alone but my hubby pulled me aside and we had a bit of a heart to heart talk. And after hearing what he had to say I do admit that I agree with him. I've had problems in the past with algae in my FOWLR tank. Mainly because of Bubba. I tend to overfeed the tank so he gets his food and the other fish and large hermits can get a share too. There is also no clean up crew except for the hermits so the algae has no herbivores grazing it down. Yellow tang doesn't like the hair algae too much. Any snails added were killed by the trigger. Like my hubby said, you're just trading your problems from one tank to another and the last thing you really need at this point is another tank to maintain. He is so right on that!
So Bubba went to the LFS where he was traded in for store credit. I got some large mexican turbos with some of the money.
Tank looks better already.
I have also noticed that my yellow tang looks very calm and relaxed now, the damsels are more active and the hermit crabs seem to know the trigger is gone and they are out and about.
Bubba was a beautiful fish and I sure enjoyed the time he spent with me. He will be sorely missed and I hope he finds himself in a good home!

Drumachine09
06-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Awww, and triggers are such interesting fish.

But glad the problem is resolved. You dont have any pics of the trigger do you?

2manyfish
06-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Just added them. They're kinda old...my camera hasn't been working right lately....

Drumachine09
06-16-2007, 12:06 AM
I LOVE his colors! Very beautiful fish. There are a few other triggers at my lfs, and they are making me want a 75 gallon, so i can make the 75 my severum tank, and the 55 a FOWLR tank.

cocoa_pleco
06-18-2007, 04:26 AM
VERY NICE fish!

I wish i made my new 55g salt , but im still working on the 33g salt and sunk alot of money in new lights for it.