PDA

View Full Version : Question

FishyPastor
08-24-2010, 06:35 PM
I was wondering while viewig this forum on piranhas. I have no interest yet in keeping them. But the question is how do you clean your tanks while not loosing any of your fingers? thumbs2:

Demjor19
08-25-2010, 02:27 PM
I was wondering while viewig this forum on piranhas. I have no interest yet in keeping them. But the question is how do you clean your tanks while not loosing any of your fingers? thumbs2:

Most P's are actually pretty timid.

I kept a 13" Black Piranha for several years and only had one or two close calls. Your usually fine working in their tanks, but you do want to be paying a little extra attention...just in case.

rageybug
08-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Having a long vacuum tube and an glass scrubber on a stick make thing safer. We had a 14" red-bellied and it would hide out in a corner when I would clean the tank.

Demjor19
08-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Having a long vacuum tube and an glass scrubber on a stick make thing safer. We had a 14" red-bellied and it would hide out in a corner when I would clean the tank.

Any pictures of this fish? I've never seen a Redbelly that size.

rageybug
08-27-2010, 03:10 AM
I do have a photo of it on CD somewhere, I'll try to dig it up. His name was Greg and he was such a cool fish.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you are "calling B.S" on my last post...

Demjor19
08-31-2010, 12:32 PM
I do have a photo of it on CD somewhere, I'll try to dig it up. His name was Greg and he was such a cool fish.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you are "calling B.S" on my last post...

If it was in fact that large...it would certainly be an impressive fish. Pictures are worth a thousand words.