PDA

View Full Version : 10 Gallon Planted Tank Questions (Stocking, What Types of Plants, etc.)

EmmanuelJB
08-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Well, I had this all written up, and exited out of the page by accident, so here it goes all over again, majorly shortened...

1. What plants? I really want java ferns, which plants would go good with those towards the back? I want something tall enough to reach the top of a 10 gallon. I also, want some anubias nanas. Any other plant suggestions?

2. http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=4870 Out of those which substrate would look best? I am thinking of going with the original.

3. How does this stocking sound?
10 Neon Tetras
1 Betta
3 False Juli Corrys
3 Ottos (Maybe)

How does that sound?

4. What light for a 10 gallon?

5. Any other tips.

Thanks!

rich311k
08-22-2010, 12:40 AM
You can do crypts, many of will get quite tall. You can do some moss on the driftwood etc.

Flourite is a good choice.

I would do a smaller cory, one of the dwarf types or pandas.

You need about 30 watts for a ten gallon tank. Screw in CFL bulbs in a regular old top do a nice job.

admael
08-22-2010, 06:24 AM
I have tahitian moon sand in most of my planted tanks. Plants that reach the top of my tanks are bacopa australis, alternanthera reineckii v. 'roseafolia' (gorgeous red leaves), ceratopteris thalictroides (water sprite), and hygrophila difformis (wisteria).