PDA

View Full Version : attempting a carpet effect with riccia fluitans

hockeyhead019
08-12-2010, 06:58 PM
hey everybody,

just wonderin if anybody has done this before... i'm sure people have because i've been reading all day and all that good stuff... i just figured i'd ask a question to see if anybody had any advice... it's gonna grow rather slow since i'm only just above 2wpg, however i've read that with my DIY co2 and the liquid ferts it should do just fine... if anybody has any advice feel free to enlighten me lol

thanks

sebastien
08-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Just make sure you have balance between all three..

Lady Hobbs
08-13-2010, 02:43 AM
I've never tried it so if you come up with a good idea, give a yell. I've heard of hair nets to hold it down and fishnet stockings and different things but never tried it.

rich311k
08-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Best way is to tie it to rocks with a hair net and then arrange the rocks how you want. It will not root or attach.

hockeyhead019
08-13-2010, 03:09 AM
ok i was thinking of cutting a part of screen like for a window in a small sqaure and semi burry it in the rocks... however i thought it would take root.... it doesn't:( o well i'll see how it looks once it patches in through the screen, i'll probably go with something else to get the full carpet effect though...

possibly Hemianthus callichtroides... looks pretty cool with some dwarf hair grass patches or something... idk still trying to figure out what works and will look good... most of all whats accesible haha.. i'll keep you guys updated on what i do