PDA

View Full Version : Impulse Buy

~Col~
08-11-2010, 05:28 AM
Memo to self: NEVER take the kids to the LFS, you'll end up spending way too much money and buying something that you weren't planning to for several months!

I saw a betta last week at my LFS that I absolutely loved. One of the reasons that spurred me onto wanting a betta tank. But I put it off, couldn't really afford to buy the whole setup right now. You know what it's like... (blush)

Had to go in there today to pick up some stuff I needed. Came out with a betta tank, all the bits, live plants, 5 cherry shrimp and my gorgeous betta that was amazingly still there!!

I've used gravel/mulm(?), water and filter media from my bigger tanks to prepare it. Acclimatized him and the shrimp. Put the shirmp in first so they could find some hidey holes. And a good while later added my betta.

Pics aren't too good as the light in the little tank is useless!

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fishpictures/data/1013/medium/IMG_0708.jpg

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fishpictures/data/1013/medium/IMG_0719.jpg

In the second pic you can just see the cherry shrimp having a look-see. LOL!!

Now I just have to explain to my husband when he gets home from his business trip why I did it! I think he's over my newly rediscovered hobby.

I have it sitting on my bedside table but might have to move it, the sound of the trickling water might be a problem at night.

Red
08-11-2010, 05:31 AM
Very nice betta, they are the biggest impulse buy fish!

dnphillips08
08-11-2010, 05:32 AM
Absolutely beautiful Betta! Gotta love spouse's responses to fish keeping as a hobby, my wife about killed me for rescuing some gourami and tetra recently. Once again, beautiful Betta :thumbsup:

Pleco380
08-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Beautiful betta! I have an 80 gallon tank in my room. I just fill the water up high and it was annoying at first but I got used to it and watch the fish. Very peaceful.

rothenb1
08-11-2010, 05:42 AM
Gorgeous betta!

Elliriyanna
08-11-2010, 03:37 PM
He is beautiful :)

rich311k
08-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Nice looking betta!

Lady Hobbs
08-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Very pretty. Your kids have good taste. I looked thru all the betta's at the store the other day and was tempted myself. Crown tails were only $3.95 but I left without one.

Ashley
08-11-2010, 07:43 PM
I love love bettas, and yours is just beautiful!!! If I could fit 100 bettas in my apartment, I sure would! lol

Gisela
08-11-2010, 08:57 PM
That is one good looking Betta! Unusual colors!

Lab_Rat
08-12-2010, 03:27 AM
Nice betta, love those colors. Reminds me of my old guy.

~Col~
08-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Thanks everyone!

I felt really horrible because I forgot to get a heater! (blush) My spare was at a friends place so the poor thing had to put up with a lamp sitting beside the tank trying to heat it up until I got home this arvo. I've already noticed a difference in his behaviour since I put it in. I've just got to be sure I heat the water slowly.

Just to clarify, it's winter in Australia at the moment. the water was rather cold. :(