PDA

View Full Version : Recommend some plants?

zackish
06-12-2007, 04:40 AM
Can anyone reccommend some plants that are a little more involved than anubias, and java fern and that such. Maybe some that grow in substrate. I have eco complete in my aquarium and I am planning on buying a larger fixture and bulb (65 watt for 30 gal aquarium), so I am assuming I can grow some more advanced plants.

Lady Hobbs
06-12-2007, 05:03 AM
Check the thread in red at the top of the planted tank thread. You should find some there that might interest you.

Incredulous_Ed
06-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Egeria densa? That's an easy plant to grow, grows fast, and can grow planted in the substrate or floating.

nanaglen2001
06-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Just try Nymphaea lotus. Its a great plant, hardy and really good looking. You can plant it in sand or gravel and the water parameters arnt that important also.

You can keep it as a real underwater plant or as a plant with swimming leaves. After a while it will cover the whole surface with leaves easyly 15 cm diamter or more.

And if you have an open tank, and lots of luck, your Lotus even will have a flower. Thats something really phantastic.

hungryhound
06-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Can anyone reccommend some plants that are a little more involved than anubias, and java fern and that such. Maybe some that grow in substrate. I have eco complete in my aquarium and I am planning on buying a larger fixture and bulb (65 watt for 30 gal aquarium), so I am assuming I can grow some more advanced plants.

There are lots of plants that can grow under 2 watts per gallon and in eco complete. If you add Co2 and ferts you should be able to grow a majority of the plants out there.

plants finder (http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plantfinder/index.php)

go to light requirements and search medium. It shoudl bring up a lot of plants that you should be able to grow in your tank.

good luck and happy searching.

Rue
06-12-2007, 11:11 PM
...I luv Elodea...

zackish
06-13-2007, 03:54 AM
There are lots of plants that can grow under 2 watts per gallon and in eco complete. If you add Co2 and ferts you should be able to grow a majority of the plants out there.

plants finder (http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plantfinder/index.php)

go to light requirements and search medium. It shoudl bring up a lot of plants that you should be able to grow in your tank.

good luck and happy searching.

I like this site, thanks a lot.