PDA

View Full Version : New HMP Betta

tori.lock
08-02-2010, 12:29 AM
I've only ever owned crowntails, and when I went to go to the local Petco to get some rat food, I saw they didn't have any crowntails that caught my eye. They always have a beautiful selection of bettas, so I was hard pressed to find one that really stood out. I ended up getting a tiny little half moon plaket. He's white with some green in his fins. It was a toss up between him and a mustard gas HMP, but I noticed this one already had a bubble nest in his cup.

Name suggestions welcome!

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx355/torilock/download.jpg

FishGirl-Seattle
08-02-2010, 02:12 AM
So he was a bachelor looking for love in a cup? Now that is Betta with a positive outlook! :hmm3grin2orange:

He's adorable, congrats!

Tigerfishy
08-03-2010, 09:42 AM
He's lovely! I'm useless with names, so I tend to pick a theme and go with it!

~Col~
08-03-2010, 10:59 AM
So he was a bachelor looking for love in a cup? Now that is Betta with a positive outlook!

Casanova?

Gorgeous fish!

Australian natives
08-03-2010, 11:50 AM
i would call him, shecklington momo, joel the happy apple wizard, pasty pasty paul, or colgate white 'n' shine.

Tigerfishy
08-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Lol, interesting names! What's the inspiration? (Especially for Joel the happy apple wizard...)

Australian natives
08-03-2010, 12:00 PM
i just love unusual names =P. dont really have inspirations, just first few things that pop into my head and then i pick the best. naming my fish is my favorite part lol.
i have Dr George Neegus (barramundi)
LolPawnsNubs_43 (crayfish, whom i gave away to my uncle)
Prince Caspian (silverperch)
Goldeen (empire gudgeon/barramundi lunch)
Reg the Abortionist (goldfish in pond)
and Edger Felts the Ever-present. (striped gudgeon)

rich311k
08-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Nice looking fish. I just call them by their predominant color.

tori.lock
08-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Thanks for all the comments! I've decided to name him Carcharias, the species name of the great white shark because I got him on the opening night of Shark Week and he's.... white. And pretty great.

DragonGoby
08-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Nice fish! and Nice name... Especially for a plakat! :ssmile: