PDA

View Full Version : Baby Oscar photo

SCOOTER
04-21-2006, 02:05 AM
Here's my Oscar (The Dude).
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/scooterfish25.jpg

William
04-21-2006, 02:19 AM
I really like this pic. He is very cute.

SCOOTER
04-21-2006, 02:44 AM
The picture really dosen't do him justice. I'm eager to see how he will look when he is older. Do Oscars colors pretty much stay constant?

rollie
04-21-2006, 02:59 AM
he should stay that color, they now come in different color. i can get many color of them.

Full3R
04-21-2006, 04:25 AM
Thats a nice oscar, it has the natural wild colouring which is hard to get im still looking myself ;)

William
04-21-2006, 05:00 AM
Yes. Allthough my personal favorite is bright red Oscars (the entire body is red) or golden oscars.

Full3R
04-21-2006, 05:06 AM
Are they the ones with the black head that continues a black line down their back

William
04-21-2006, 06:18 AM
No.
Was able to find this picture of a good speciemen
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/habemo/redoscar.jpg
Credit to however posted the image.

and of a much poorer specimen which can be seen on http://badmanstropicalfish.com/your-fish/fish5.html

SCOOTER
04-21-2006, 11:57 AM
That Oscar is awesome! Are they hard to find in red?

rollie
04-21-2006, 12:12 PM
no, they can be got, my supplies have them.

SCOOTER
04-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Moving my Oscar to A bigger tank this fall, just might have to purchase him a red buddy. :D

kimmers318
04-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Cute little oscar Scooter...watching them grow is so much fun. Hubby has 2, I just wish I could get him to take care of tank better, they keep getting sick losing fins or white spots on body. His answer is to dump melafix in there whenever they look bad, but only that one day! (Which of course stinks up my living room) He has had them since Valentines and they have showed signs of illness 5 or 6 times, with the first battle lasting the longest. The first time I tried taking care of them during the day and he argued with me constantly so now I leave them alone. His latest bout was the water turning green and the pelvic fins disintegrating, so he did a water change last night and found out he had never opened the valves on his filter, thus it wasn't filtering the water!!! He never checked the water parameters, just was thankful the filter didn't burn up! The whole time the water was getting greener he kept blaming it on the pleco for not doing it's job. I feel bad for Bubba and Gump, but if I touch his fish and anything happens to them I will be blamed for the rest of my life! So those poor guys probably had toxins up the wazoo they were living in for a few days, and he just says oops. With what little I do for them, they love me to death, and never bite me when I reach into the tank...but they nibble him all of the time. Ha!
That bright red oscar is gorgeous...if I ever see one I would have a hard time not buying another darn tank just for it!

SCOOTER
04-21-2006, 01:32 PM
My Oscar is just finishing up a battle with Ich. I think he had it when I bought him, treatment stops tomorrow. He is looking better than ever, although the tank is not after 7 days of treatment (Organic Ich attack, which has a dark orange tint) without the carbon filter in.