PDA

View Full Version : Passed Betta

tori.lock
08-01-2010, 02:52 AM
My crowntail died last night. I was at work and my mom called to let me know. He lives at her house, but I go a few times a week to check on him. He'd been fine the night before I guess, and in the morning dead. I'm afraid that his injury from the water change might have done it, or it could have just been one of those mysterious betta deaths.

I'm debating if I want to go the route of getting another betta for my tank, or trying a gourami instead.

Gisela
08-01-2010, 03:10 AM
Sorry for your loss. It might help to get one in a different color or 2 females. If you decide to get a Gourami I would recommend a pair of Honeygouramis. I have a pair in my 10 gallon with plant (including floading plants). They don't get so big like the others. I also have 4 Otos as bottom dwellers in it.

rich311k
08-01-2010, 03:25 AM
Sorry for the loss. I always have at least one betta around, I would replace him.

tori.lock
08-01-2010, 03:52 AM
I'm sure I will. Every betta loss is a "No more betta" thing for me, but then I go to the pet store and melt. I will probably buy one here, because there is a Petco that has the most beautiful bettas, and they always seem to have a much lower percentage of dead/dying fish.

Tigerfishy
08-03-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm sorry, it's tough to lose a little friend. Good luck with whatever decision you make for the tank.

Pleco380
08-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Sorry your betta died.