PDA

View Full Version : Is this OK for injecting CO2?

Lady Hobbs
06-10-2007, 04:45 PM
I cut my bubbler in thirds since only one or two bubbles come out at one time and I thought the long tube unnecessary. Easier to hide smaller, as well. I keep it behind the uplift tube so the CO2 gets sucked into the filter. (I just moved it over for the sake of the picture so you could see it.)

If this set up is OK, I will rig one up for the other side under another filter.

Drumachine09
06-10-2007, 04:47 PM
I have no idea, but your plants are looking really nice.

Lady Hobbs
06-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Never mind. I went back to the bubblers and they are going great.

BTW.......when you use a check value on your water pump, which way does the arrow go? Toward the pump or toward the tank?

willisrad
06-10-2007, 06:50 PM
If it's getting sucked up into the filter, you should be ok.
Otherwise, I'd get a little C02 diffuser.

I finally got mine in a couple of days ago, and it's AMAZING how small all of the little bubbles are!

Drumachine09
06-10-2007, 06:56 PM
the arrow goes toward the tank

gbbudd
06-12-2007, 02:07 AM
the whole idea behind Co2 is to inject the bubbles into the water and have the water absorb the bubbles as quickly as possible and not allow the bubbles to reach the surface for once that happens the Co2 is gone. Also the more surface movement there is the more Co2 is lost. though many people love the ripples on top of there tanks and the ripples of light on everything in the tank. you can keep the Co2 levels up by adding more Co2 Most agree with 3 bubbles per second i have LOTS of water movement " exposure tot he air and i keep my set up between 8 and 10 bubbles per second it's almost a seady stream yeah it costs a bit more but i get about 2 months from a 20 pounder i think it is . at 14 dollars to fill your injecting Co2? into your filter ? your not concerned that cutting back on O2 to the filter will cut back on bio load capability?

Lady Hobbs
06-12-2007, 04:48 AM
the arrow goes toward the tank

Thanks. I had the thing so long I forgot how it went.