PDA

View Full Version : got a few questions

BPH
07-31-2010, 07:18 PM
ok, im new so i dont know where to place this...so bare with me.
1)i have a 55 gallon stand, a really nice one and i wouldnt want to get rid of it, i would like to buy a 75 gallon aquarium and put it on the 55 gallon stand but i know it wouldnt fit...so i saw a video of a person who had the same problem and put a large peice of wood(plank) on the stand,then put the aquarium on top...would this really work?

2)i recently just finished a 90 gallon saltwater aquarium running for about 3 months, and i only think about the saltwater aquarium and not the 55 gallon freshwater aquarium. i was consistently thinking on either converting the 55 into a saltwater or getting rid of it and buying a 75. if i were to convert the 55 how would i go on doing that? i mean theres about 20 fish in there...would i just net them out and donate them to a store or is there a different process?

Northernguy
07-31-2010, 07:25 PM
Welcome to the Fabulous AC!
I would have to see that video of how it was done before I said it was okay.Got a link?
If its just plywood I do not thin it would properly
support the extra 6 inches hangin over the edge.

Excellence
08-01-2010, 01:59 AM
Even if ten people say it may be ok, don't risk it. That mountain drops whilst you're at work, no arm-flapping Power Ranger is going to save you. The carpet, the landlord's displeasure, the stinking odour it'll make, the cost, the lost cycling time.

Not worth it.

Safer than sorrier. Remember, even the Fallen had to wait thousands of years for his chance at freedom. He failed against Prime, but the fact is he was patient.

HeatherB
08-01-2010, 02:33 AM
I wouldn't risk the 75 gallon on that stand.

If I were you, I would keep your stand, put a 55 gal. on it. Then any fish you have that you no longer want you could try to sell on CL or Petco takes 'adoptions'. Basically they put your unwanted fish in their tanks to sell for their profit. Free money for them. Then I would focus all your energies (and money) into setting up a 55g. saltwater tank since that's what your new thing is! Hey, tastes change!!