PDA

View Full Version : my first molting

Mr. Koi
06-10-2007, 06:19 AM
wow! i never seen a lobster shed its outter shell untill last week when i changed the water. WOW...i was scared at first...for a split second i thought 1 out of 3 of my lobsters died! then i looked at the exoskeleton and i flipped out!! that was soo cool! i witnessed my first molt! awesome! one down...ywo more to go...heres a pic of two of my lobsters...
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p62/finefilipinoboi/Lobsters_9556.jpg

Lady Hobbs
06-10-2007, 06:27 AM
Man, sure would like those on my plate with some draw butter. LOL

All kidding aside, they look pretty cool.

Is it called molting? I thought that was only if they had feathers? :)

Mr. Koi
06-10-2007, 06:59 AM
hahaha...thats the reason why my mother in law got them...she told me the take care of them so later when the get HUGE she wants to eat them! hahaha...when i showed her the exoskeleton i told her that one of the lobsters died...she got sad...hahaha...ya...its called molting. i looked it up :)

YaYgoldFish
06-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Nice lobsters! Ive always thought about getting lobsters..what sice tank do you have and what tankmates?

genitor
06-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Don't they attack your fish?
Also they are crayfish, There are no freshwater lobsters.
I had a blue crayfish but he would attack my fishes and rip their fins, one day he escaped and dried out and died before I could find him.

cocoa_pleco
06-10-2007, 03:22 PM
man, i remember a few years back when my lobster molted. I first saw the molt and not him, and crapped myself thinking i killed him within 2 hours of getting him.

Dave-id
06-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Did you get any pics of the molt?

Mdsuave13
07-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Don't they attack your fish?
Also they are crayfish, There are no freshwater lobsters.
I had a blue crayfish but he would attack my fishes and rip their fins, one day he escaped and dried out and died before I could find him.

this is not true, there are lobsters from austrialia that are freshwater, but most of the invertabrates that are called "lobsters" at LFS are not lobsters but crayfish.