PDA

View Full Version : Now that I have a light, I have no plants!

Lady Hobbs
06-10-2007, 05:54 AM
I tore the planted tank apart and moved all the plants out. My angelfish never ate the whole week she had that light on her. Just sat in the corner of her tank, never swam around and ate nothing. Even blood worms would not get her to move.

Do you know what a mess it is to remove potting soil from a tank!!! Sure went in easier than it come out. And now I have a fan going to get the carpet dry since I had to shampoo it by the time I got done. Mud was everywhere.

All the plants are now in my 55 gallon and I don't like it. Too many plants and too much variety. Looks junky and cluttered and no room for my driftwood.

At least my angel is now happy and once again, swimming around and eating.

Chrona
06-10-2007, 06:00 AM
lolz

Your ventures into the world of planted tank reads like a script to a day time drama. Glad everything is working out though.

Lady Hobbs
06-10-2007, 06:15 AM
LOL I know! And now hungryhound will have to make some remark about this poor tank going thru another cycle. I am the Queen of Cycling.

And now I need another light. :)

Chrona
06-10-2007, 06:20 AM
I'm gonna need to cycle too!

Starting a 5g homemade 11 inch cube tank. Just water tested it today and nothing leaked, even when I pulled on the seams. I'm debating whether or not to set this one up at work :)

Lady Hobbs
06-10-2007, 06:25 AM
Cool. Get it done and post some pictures. I'd love to see it.