PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from vacation

coolingeffect
07-28-2010, 01:00 AM
My roomate did a good job at taking care of my fish while i was gone, everything looks to be in order and he even went out and bought one of those fake rock caves to add extra territory/hiding places as my 1 inch firemouth decided that he wanted to claim the biggest piece of structure and my 3 inch geophagus didnt like that much. The firemouth decided he liked the new cave better and now sits on it all the time. That little firemouth is really starting to color up and come into his own. That makes me happy after seeing his prior home in a fishbowl with an airstone and a super nasty betta. He did forget to feed them a time or two but that doesnt seem like it was such a bad thing. 1 or two more fish and this tank will be what i consider fully stocked.

rich311k
07-28-2010, 01:04 AM
Good to come home and find the fish tanks doing well.

coolingeffect
07-28-2010, 01:29 AM
yeah it was nice especially when i fully expected to come home to an algae infested mess with missing fish. Now i just have to decide what to round out my stocking with and ill be happy.

Northernguy
07-28-2010, 01:38 AM
That is good news!
You should rent out your room mate as a tank sitter!lol:19:
We usually hear about how bad the tanks were taken care of!:hmm3grin2orange:

coolingeffect
07-28-2010, 01:44 AM
I was mostly thrilled that he went out and bought the new cave, well above what i would have expected. I really dont like the cave much but its serving a purpose and trooper "the little firemouth" really seems to like it. I think what might be happening is that he is starting to like the little guys and when he saw them unhappy and quarreling he felt the need to do something about it.

PostalPenguin
07-28-2010, 01:51 AM
That is always nice to come home to a tank all in order. Last time I went on vacation I put my mom in charge and when my light timer broke she figured it was ok to leave the light on 24 hours a day for 5 days. Tank never recovered from the algae mess.

Lady Hobbs
07-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Kudo's to your friend for doing a good job. Glad to hear that little firemouth is doing so well after you rescued him from that meanie Betta.