PDA

View Full Version : which plants survive with my common pleco?

Gisela
07-23-2010, 08:39 PM
I need some help to figure out what plants I should get for my new 125 gallon tank with my common pleco and 6 clownloaches. They get everyday romain lettuce and zucchini, so if I put the plants more to the sides and back, they might leave them alone.

Jeddi
07-23-2010, 09:48 PM
I'd think plants with harder leaves, like anubias. Definitely not swords... Someone else may be able to give you better info though.

chickenlady
07-27-2010, 02:46 AM
I can tell you what plants wont last in there, lol. Any stem plant looks like a salad to mine, they pluck the leaves right off the stem and then uproot the rest. Anacris lasted longer, and anubias will last, but will usually be jerked off of anything it is attached to. Actually, I have a couple of swords in little planters, and though some leaves are nibbled, they have done better than the rest. I also have a small java fern that is hanging on. Just my experience.

Pleco380
07-27-2010, 03:22 AM
You could try a val. I had one in my 80 gallon but the SD's started to eat it. I moved it to a 10 gallon. They have some at my LFS with common and leopard plecos. The plecos ignore them.