1 knight goby
2 orange chromides
1 figure 8 puffer
1 purple spotted gundgeon
1 dragon goby or 1 ropefish
1 lined sole
6 celebs rainbows
2 archer fish

keep in mind that minus the archers and dragon goby, all are reletivly small fish.

oh and SG is going to be around 1.004, planted with anacharis, java fern, anubius and giant vals(if they take it)

smaug
07-18-2010, 05:25 PM
3 silver mollies
1 krib,,,,,,,,,,,not brackish
1 jewel cichlid,,,,,,,,not brackish
1 knight goby
2 orange chromides
1 figure 8 puffer,,,,,,,,,,,will be aggressive and be a nipper to your slower fish.
1 purple spotted gundgeon
1 dragon goby or 1 ropefish
1 lined sole ,,,,,,,,,,soles get 0ver 8" on occasion
6 celebs rainbows
2 archer fish,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2 archers would need the whole tank to themselves

If I did not comment it is because I think those fish could do ok together,though I have no experiance or knowledge of celebs rainbow.

jonny5
07-18-2010, 05:56 PM
ya i am worried about introducing a puffer but from what i hear the figure 8 is the most docile of them all but it still can be nasty depending on the individual.

you think two archer need the whole tanke? i was hoping they would occupy the top column maybe and leave me room for bottom dwellers.

and the krib is found in slightly brackish habitats, not sure about jewel cich but it is highly tolerant of salinity levels.

gm72
07-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Yes, completely agreed with Smaug on all counts. Your list is, in large part, incompatible.

smaug
07-18-2010, 06:04 PM
The key to healthy fish is keeping them in the water that is natural to them on avg.On avg the krib is not a bw fish nor is the jewell.The archers get an avg 8" in length and can reach about a foot.The surface area of a 60 gal tank is simply not enough for an enrgetic fish such as an archer.A 75 gal would be suited to a few archers.

jonny5
07-18-2010, 10:57 PM
true but the krib is naturally found in brackish water, its range is from full fresh to light brackish, but always slightly alkaline. I found no literature on the jewel in this regard so your right but the krib is a resident of light brackish waters in west africa.

But if archers need that much space i will have to forgoe them or find the smaller spotted archer that only reaches 4-5 inches, but fat chance on that.

Thanks for the input.