PDA

View Full Version : Got new plants

Lady Hobbs
06-07-2007, 07:31 PM
I found a different seller than I used before and there is no comparison to the other guys rotten, tiny plants to this persons stock. I highly recommend mikeswetpets (http://myworld.ebay.com/mikeswetpets) to everyone.

His plants are put together when he fills your order and not left in plastic bags to rot for days. He has great prices, cheap shipping and sends priorty mail. I got my plants from NY in two days.

He has a lot of pond plants as well.

I also ordered brine shrimp from him and Plant Tabs. Oh, he also sends free plant tabs with every plant order to get you started.

His bunches are that of tall pieces and very healthy and full. Check my pictures then check out Mike.

Last pic of my swords plants.

sergo
06-07-2007, 07:37 PM
yeah! it's about time something went your way.:thumb:

Lady Hobbs
06-07-2007, 07:47 PM
No kidding! I really like when people deliver what they promise.

hungryhound
06-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Those are some nice looking plants hobbs. I am glad to hear that you had a much better experience this time.

marek313
06-07-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm glad to hear that you finally got some good quality plants. Just an FYI, people that sell pond plants grow a lot of aquarium plants together especially in summer time and a lot of them will come with snails and hopefully no other uninvited guests.

Lady Hobbs
06-08-2007, 04:55 AM
I checked them out pretty well and did a lot of dividing them and snipping off the stems so hopefully none of them snuck in. That's for the warning tho. Always good to get good tips.

nanaglen2001
06-08-2007, 05:42 AM
Those plants you got look healthy and well cared.

Now good look to you that it will work out the way you always wanted it.

Maybe the Amazone plant will soon have "Babies" which you also can use.

Maybe you can lay your hands on some of those clay pellets. If yes just stick one or two directly at the roots of the Amazonas. That stuff is a great fertilizer.

Drumachine09
06-08-2007, 05:57 AM
Well thats awesome hobbs! Bout time you got some decent plants!

Lady Hobbs
06-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Those plants you got look healthy and well cared.

Now good look to you that it will work out the way you always wanted it.

Maybe the Amazone plant will soon have "Babies" which you also can use.

Maybe you can lay your hands on some of those clay pellets. If yes just stick one or two directly at the roots of the Amazonas. That stuff is a great fertilizer.

The clay pellets are pretty much the way we use Laterite if rolled into little balls and baked a bit. Boy, was my water a mess after I planted ....between the Laterite and the top soil. I had to change the water 5 times.

The tank is too small for an amazon but I have 5 of them in there just as a place to keep them for now. Once they grow, they will have to come out. I have two larger amazons that have the babies. I think I'll be selling amazons before long at the swap and shop. :)

nanaglen2001
06-08-2007, 01:28 PM
The clay pellets are pretty much the way we use Laterite if rolled into little balls and baked a bit. Boy, was my water a mess after I planted ....between the Laterite and the top soil. I had to change the water 5 times.

Is this stuff by any chance reddish brown???

If yes I know what you mean...I know lot of people who had the same problems with that stuff.

I only use those clay balls or liquid fertilizer, so my water stays clean, at least opticaly:9:

Lady Hobbs
06-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Yes, Laterite is reddish/brown and sure can make a mess if not covered up enough with gravel.

Rue
06-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Nice plants! Glad you found a good supplier! Send him a 'thank-you' note...he'll love it! :D