PDA

View Full Version : He is dying =[.

Australian natives
07-16-2010, 11:51 PM
My barrmundi is dying... i can see 2 small white dots. 1 on his dorsal fin and one in the centre of his tail fin. also his tail fin seems to be degrading. like fin rot. just the edges are becoming more and more frayed, as they are eaten away.

it makes no sense... he was completely healthy 2 days ago. no signs of illness at all. the water parameters are perfect. the temperature is consistent and optimum for his species...

could it be the water change? i did a change and then the next day (during my regular inspection) i noticed a small spot on his fin and some fraying of his tail.

if it wasnt the water change the only other thing i can think of is his food. a few days ago he ate one of the fish he and his tank mates had been bullying. so maybe it had become stress from the bullying contracted a disease then been eaten? but that would have had to happen overnight as it didnt show any signs of illness the day before it was eaten.

anyway i would appreciate any suggestions regarding how he could have got these diseases.
also should i treat for fin-rot or for ich?
P.S. i put some extra salt in today

Australian natives
07-18-2010, 08:44 AM
=D. got back from brisbane today to find him in good health =]. all signs of disease have disappeared. hopefully they wont return.

Aeonflame
07-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Im glad to hear that. Those are great fish.

Australian natives
07-20-2010, 04:00 PM
yeah i am having heaps of fun with both of them =]. it is a shame they both with outgrow my tank =[. hopefully ill be able to get enough money together to upgrade them in time =P.
otherwise i will just need to sell them or give them away.

teddscau
07-21-2010, 10:18 PM
It could have been fin rot or the other fish might have been picking on it.

Australian natives
07-22-2010, 01:43 AM
i dont think thats it. they seem to get along quite well. maybe they were mean when i wasnt looking =P.