PDA

View Full Version : Kribs Pale

Juannie
06-07-2007, 05:08 AM
I've had baby kribs 9well approx 4-6cm now) in my mixed tropical tank since around Nov last year. Them, along with my green severum have very pale colours, occassionally the severum's goes bright green, unless he's stressed. The mother of the kribs and othe fish in my tank have beautiful colours, in fact she looks ready to breed again. I am wondering why there colour isn't improving. The pH is 6.8-7, nitrates low so I'm lost. Any advice?? I did have problems with the pH dropping to 6.4-6.6 but it's settled down now.

Abbeys_Mom
06-07-2007, 12:35 PM
My juvenile Kriblets didn't colour up until they were about 1". Of the 4 Kribs I have now only 2 are really colourful (the dominant pair) and the others are just black and grey. It may not be a tank problem, they may just want to stay beneath the notice of the larger fish.

sergo
06-07-2007, 12:43 PM
i have 4 kribs in my 55 (3 regular 2f/1m and 1 albino m) they are all about the same size (1.5) and really only 2 have great color. like abby's mom said it's the dominate pair that really have the best color. my dominate female is absolutely beautiful most of the time and my males are starting to really color up. i'll have to post up a pic of my female soon for everyone to see.

Juannie
06-08-2007, 02:09 AM
oh good, now I feel so much better I thought I was doing something wrong. The mother is a glorious yellow colour with a rich red belly. All the others are only showing a little yellow & some with hints of blue in the last couple of days. Thanks so much (one less stress!)