PDA

View Full Version : RCS Growth rate?

Algenco
06-07-2007, 03:08 AM
I got 15 rcs today:hmm3grin2orange:
The little boogers are so small that they are nearly impossible to find! They are just over 1/4", roughly how long will it take for them to reach 1" in length? I'm getting a migraine straining my old eyes trying to find them:help:

Chrona
06-07-2007, 03:23 AM
Not sure, as I just got some a week ago but if you want to find them, just get a tiny LED night and check at night after the lights have been off for a few hours (pitch black) My RCS all go scuttling away when they see it though, but it reassures me they are still alive, lol.

ChurchofAdam
06-07-2007, 05:21 AM
Where did you get them, out of interest. I can't seem to find any locally

Chrona
06-07-2007, 12:46 PM

The cheapest place is in the swap and shop section of theplantedtank.net. About 1 dollar each + shipping. I'm sure they have canadian sellers too.

Algenco
06-07-2007, 01:13 PM

Here is someone in Canada selling RCS
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=6064

Algenco
06-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Mine are buzzing around this morning, they seem happythumbs2:

It's difficult to find them in a 10g planted tank, I guess I'll have to add some more

hungryhound
06-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Mine are buzzing around this morning, they seem happythumbs2:

It's difficult to find them in a 10g planted tank, I guess I'll have to add some more

Why add more when you can let the breed and get some the cheap and easy way.

I have only had mine for about a week and already there are two or more carrying eggs.

Let mother nature run her course and soon you will have so many you will not know what to do with them all.

Algenco
06-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Why add more when you can let the breed and get some the cheap and easy way.

I have only had mine for about a week and already there are two or more carrying eggs.

Let mother nature run her course and soon you will have so many you will not know what to do with them all.

Mine are all tiny, about this __ long, maybe a couple ___

Algenco
06-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Ok, the person I got them from said about 4-5 weeks to reach 1"