PDA

View Full Version : killi eggs

maxxdar
07-13-2010, 11:46 AM
HI i new in community ,i wonth start breeding killifish and i order egg from Thiland it is good idea ?

Rue
07-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Sounds like a good idea, if killifish are what you're interested in.

Is it expensive to order the eggs?

taralm13
07-13-2010, 04:44 PM
I've seen eggs for dirt cheap online...I think on ebay or something...like $1 for 1000 eggs. I too thought about getting them but decided I better not cuz I am a beginner. Please let us know if you do it and how it works out. They are cool looking fish!

alairellis23
07-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Killifish actually come from africa where the water evaporates every year killing the parents leaving the eggs dry in the sand and the next year when the rain comes the eggs hatch its very weird and unique to killi's

jclee
07-27-2010, 08:09 PM
There are also species from South America. There are even some species of killifish that are indigenous to the United States. Some killifish reproduce the way that you've described and others do not. Their lifespans differ to their modes of reproduction. It's worth researching the exact species that you're thinking of getting. (There are some great killie sites and killie forums out there.)

*Also note that most of those .99 killifish egg auctions will come with a 10-20 dollar shipping and handling fee.