PDA

View Full Version : Mad and sad!

cloudy_starlight
07-12-2010, 09:06 PM
My husband woke me up this morning to tell me my little black moor Bugsie, was dead. He got stuck behind the stupid a** filter stem that hangs down. I have had him for 3 months, I know that's not long but his was my fav! Just had to get that off my chest. *tears*

Xavier
07-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Sorry to hear about your Black Moor. My ranchu's are still small enough to fit behind the input pipe for my filter as well, and I'm afraid that in a few months, one might get stuck.

I've been trying to think of a way to reduce the risk... anyone have any suggestions or is this a rare occurrence?

taralm13
07-12-2010, 09:51 PM
I am sorry to hear that your fish died. It is so sad when that happens. :scry:

stw9495
07-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your Black Moor. My ranchu's are still small enough to fit behind the input pipe for my filter as well, and I'm afraid that in a few months, one might get stuck.

I've been trying to think of a way to reduce the risk... anyone have any suggestions or is this a rare occurrence?

Maybe fab up a small piece of plastic on either side...might be unsightly unless you cover it up, but if you covered either side there'd be no entry or exit.

cloudy_starlight
07-13-2010, 01:32 AM
Thank you! Him getting stuck there never crossed my mind, I have seen him swim behind it every once in awhile. Now I gotta think of something to put there also, so my new calico moor wont have the same faith. The tank looks so empty now..:scry:

Meatloaf
07-20-2010, 02:40 AM
You can make an eggcrate box around the filter intake to protect the little guys.