PDA

View Full Version : Flukes??? HELP!!!!

OscarMom
06-06-2007, 08:16 PM
I think my oscar has flukes. There is tiny white like worms all over the tank, but one end of tank is heavier with them. That end also has a lot of air bubbles in the water. They look like pieces of fiber in the water. My Oscar is about 10 inches and lives in a 55 gal tank. Can anyone give me advice. I treated the water today with clout. Is it safe for me to put my hands in the water? Has any one seen this before? Why is there bubbles at the one end in the tank? Before these showed up my oscar had about a quarter size spot on his side that looked like white film, but it went away! Please help!!!

Drumachine09
06-06-2007, 08:19 PM
It could be planaria. Can you provide a pic?

Lady Hobbs
06-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Gill flukes have hooks on them and that's how they attach themselves to the fish. The will kill your fish but as Drumachine stated, these sound more like planaria that lives in the gravel.

You need to keep your gravel vacuumed much more often and do large water changes weekly.

Rue
06-07-2007, 01:26 AM
...gm72 and I just had planaria outbreaks...

...all I did was cut down on feeding and thoroughly vacuumed the gravel...it's much better already, just see a few here and there...

OscarMom
06-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks so much for your help. I am hoping for the planaria. I have had tanks for about 7 years now and have never seen this before or even heard of it. My fish is not acting sick nor is he scratching. I have seen one of these once in my other big tank, but I never saw more. Anymore information on this would be great!! Thanks so much everyone!!!!