PDA

View Full Version : King Tiger feeding

Ikshvaku
07-09-2010, 06:19 PM
I bought a King Tiger Pleco today as well as some frozen blood worms. And I've heard that these types aren't as fond of algae wafers. I have two Gourami in the tank and I'm just wondering if the Pleco will even be able to get at the blood worms before they do, and if there's some special way I should feed them to him.

Thanks.

little hawaii
07-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Hi there; I just got 7 wild L204 king tigers too. I feed mine at night, most plecos are somewhat nocternal in nature. L204 Kts also like a little meat in their diet they are carnivours. I feed mine coked crab,shrimp,mussels. They also love chopped up earthworms. There is a site you should check out for a great food selection, it is (kensfish.com). Awesome guy, honest, and has gooood prices. He has a product that is called Golden Pearls and all my fish love it.

Ikshvaku
07-09-2010, 10:41 PM
I thought the King Tiger was L066? I'm almost sure that's the variety I purchased.

Here's a pic:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd310/Archilocos/Picture080.jpg

He's just two inches, though.

little hawaii
07-09-2010, 10:59 PM
I apologize. You are absolutly right they are l066. Very nice fish.

Pleco380
07-10-2010, 05:39 AM
Lucky. The LFS here only gets clown, common, leopard and sometimes albino and bristlenose plecos. Oh and only once I've seen a Royal Pleco. Good luck with your King Tiger Pleco.

toddnbecka
07-10-2010, 05:44 AM
I've seen at least 3 different Hypancistrus species labelled "king tiger", L-numbers are much more useful than common names. I have L-333's and L-134's that also prefer a meatier diet. I feed them NLS pellets, either .5mm Grow or 1mm Cichlid formula as a staple diet.

Ikshvaku
07-11-2010, 01:23 PM
I got some New Life Spectrum H20 Stable Wafers an fed it to him yesterday. I don't think he's eaten anything, though. The only fish I've seen eat it was the Gourami. Could he just be stressed? I've only had him since Friday morning.

Thanks for any help

toddnbecka
07-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Drop in a wafer after the tank is dark, they're nocturnal fish. I've never seen my L-333's eat, but when I move the driftwood to clean the tank they're all well-fed. A good bit of cover is also helpful to keep the pleco from being stressed.

Ikshvaku
07-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I am careful to feed him at night, and he does have a lot of hiding places in this tank, I did spend time researching this fish before I got him.