PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a possible 25 gallon brackish tank

KINGMED
07-09-2010, 01:35 AM
I have regular natural gravel that I put into my 25 gallon this weekend and I am in the process of cycling it at present time with many weeks to follow, however I have not got a clue what I want to put into it. I was thinking about making it into a brackish tank?, I really like the bumblebee gobies and if I did get some for this I'm not sure what else would be a good addition to the tank. My question is do you use non idoized table salt or aquarium salt for this, I know this may seem like a stupid question but I've never set one up before. Here is the picture of the tank bare, I'll post a picture of the tank set up like it is now with water in it cycling as soon as I get some AA Batteries for my camera--weird but can't seem to find any around the house.

smaug
07-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Use salt meant for marine tanks.bbg are a cool little fish but can be picky eaters,mine will only eat meaty frozen foods such as brine shrimp or small cut up wrms.I keep mine with a fig 8 and a knite goby.There are some aggression issues between the knite and the puffer,the bbg seem to be left alone.For my brack mix I use 3 tbs per gal of marine salt.BW fish are not overly sensitive to exact amounts but a good salinity gauge is a good idea.