PDA

View Full Version : First fish stock?

Aydreean
07-06-2010, 05:59 AM
I was at my cousins house today and we got to talking about his fish tank. He took me in to his brothers room where he had a 16 gallon bowfront tank with only 3 fish in it. A glass fish (I think that's what it's called, it's like invisible) a 7 inch pleco and a dwarf gourami. I smiled and laughed in my head because of the randomness of the stock.

This got me wondering...what was everybodys first stock and tank size when starting out?

I had a 10 gallon with 2 guppies, a neon tetra, a common pleco, and an iridescent shark. Looking back, I realize how weird it was.

admael
07-06-2010, 08:33 AM
I had 5 guppies in a 12 gallon tank with no filtration when I was a kid. Dad fed it whatever we ate.

Time-Out
07-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Two goldfish called Salt and Pepper. I miss those boys :(

gadget228
07-06-2010, 11:47 AM
My first tank was a disaster, 29 Gallon kit with undersized hob filter, Ugf with air stones, heater, hood with 24" light and gravel all for $80.

Stocking was 3 Bali sharks, 2 Red tail sharks, 2 Rainbow sharks, 1 Kuhli loach and a common pleco. Salesman at my LFS said these fish would work with no problems. That was over 25 years ago. Sold it all and didn't get back into it till about 6 months ago and now thanks to AC and it's members I'm enjoying my tanks. :ssmile:

~Col~
07-07-2010, 03:12 AM
My first tank was a little two foot one with no light, no stand and a little corner filter with carbon and wool.

I stuck with fantails and goldies back then with a couple of catfish thrown in.

Yourkisa
07-07-2010, 03:15 AM
Jumped straight in with a petco ' kit ' 55 gal set up.
Opened up into whats now called the fish cycle ( bad me ! ) with 6 White Clouds, 6 Danio's and a Common Plecy.

Eventually moved those white clouds and danio's to the much calmer 29gal tank as they tore the first one up lol