PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish Compatibility???

Hawkshadow123
06-27-2010, 02:08 AM
I'm getting a 29 gallon tank in July and I have 1 angelfish. What other fish get along with Angels??

Thanx!!!

~Hawky~ :22:

rich311k
06-27-2010, 02:13 AM
Tetras, just not small ones, corys, bristle nose plecos, live bearers, rasboras. Plenty of choices.

Hawkshadow123
06-27-2010, 02:21 AM
Like, what kind of tetras and Corys and Livebearers.

I might get livebearers and im sure the angelfish will keep the livebearer population under way! LOL

rich311k
06-27-2010, 02:24 AM
What ever tetra cathches your eye. Just stay away from neons and other small ones. A group of say 8 lemon tetras, 6 corys of your choice, and an angel would look great in a 29.

Sword tails, mollys, platies would all work. Guppys and endlers could become dinner.

tesroberts
06-27-2010, 03:16 AM
We have tetras in the tank with our angels. We have blue tetras and painted skirt tetras (though I wouldn't suggest the latter, as we were uneducated about "painted" fish when we bought them). Our zebra danios did well with them too (until the danios died of old age). We also had sailfin plecos in with them, but out of personal experience, because the sailfins get rather large, I would steer clear of them. We had several in our tank (would have to exchange them at the lfs when they got too big), but they had a tendency of letting go of the sides of the tank and dropping to the bottom of the tank, and landing on any unsuspecting angel who happen to be below it when it dropped. We lost several angelfish that way.