PDA

View Full Version : Rue: 0, Mouse: 1

Rue
06-26-2010, 03:04 PM
So, I'm practicing my violin in the spare bedroom (which used to be my son's before he headed down to the basement - and is now the music/snake room)...and something small and black whips in around the door frame under the little wardrobe I keep the sheet music in.

It startled me! LOL...yes...I did jump!:hmm3grin2orange:

I put down my violin, peak under...and sure enough...it's a young mouse.

This is a good room to catch a mouse in! So I grab a plastic glass...and start moving stuff around away from the walls...

I was pretty confident I could catch the little bugger...

But no! A good 10 minutes later and he managed to get out of the music room and go into my bedroom.

No hope in heck of me finding him in there...too many places to hide, too much big furniture I can't move.

And where were the cats??? Not a furry paw in sight! What the heck do I feed them for?

I hope the mouse finds it's way BACK outdoors...or the cats eventually find it. Dealing with droppings and chewed up possessions is not on my fun list...

But part of the reason I didn't catch him is because I was scared to hurt him! Geez...I need to rethink my values...:sconfused: :help:

Lady Hobbs
06-26-2010, 03:09 PM
A plastic glass? LOL I would have grabbed my 8" fish net or a box large enough to hold 3/4 of my possessions.

Rue
06-26-2010, 03:14 PM
LOL...I probably should have just used my bare hands...that's how I've done it before...

But I was trying to be more technical...

rich311k
06-26-2010, 03:19 PM
That is funny. Good luck tracking him down.

rothenb1
06-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Aw poor little guy! I'm sure both of you were scared, hehe. Using a fish net is probably a good idea. Hope you can catch him!

Rue
06-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks! I suppose I should put up some traps...but with my luck, I'll just catch a cat in them...

rothenb1
06-26-2010, 03:27 PM
You know what they say... the early bird gets the worm the second mouse gets the cheese!

Trillianne
06-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Release the Hou....Cats! and Snakes!

Rue you make me smile!

Rue
06-26-2010, 06:14 PM
I could have let the snake out...that might have worked...but I couldn't find her leash...

R2 Ranch
06-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Okay, Let me get this right.... Mouse in snake room, free roaming house cats and then there's the scared women flinging plastic glasses!!!!! Sounds like to me a suicidal mouse:18:

Rue
06-26-2010, 06:27 PM
You got it!

Except for one big error...I wasn't scared...I was down on my hands and knees chasing the d*mn thing...:hmm3grin2orange:

Trillianne
06-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Ok I've never kept snakes but.... they make snake leashes? :notify:

I am in need of some pictoral assistance!

Yourkisa
06-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I was just too polite to ask if these things even exsisted, I kind of imagine them being like a large sock with a piece of yarn coming off of one end to hold onto . . . or maybe thats coming to mind as the kids have done nothing but watch cartoons on the tv all morning . . . lol

R2 Ranch
06-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Okay.... better choice of words would be "startled"....:11: :hmm3grin2orange:

FreshwaterFred
06-26-2010, 08:17 PM
http://www.snakewalker.com/movieclips/gophersnakecloseBV.MPG
Lol, They do exist!!! thumbs2:

Cliff
06-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Oh Rue...... I love this story :hmm3grin2orange:

Maybe you should have a talk with your cats about catching the little visitor.

little hawaii
06-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Rue; Just leave the snakes out too. Like heat seeking sharks.

Rue
06-26-2010, 10:57 PM
...the adventure is over! Guess who caught the mouse?

My 20-year old son. He grabbed its tail and tossed it into the flower bed. Geez...think he could at least have taken it to the bush across the road?

He said he found the cat playing with it...so I suppose they finally did wake up and do some work...

Just as well...I was having a hard time putting the leash on the snake...

Rue
06-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Okay.... better choice of words would be "startled"....:11: :hmm3grin2orange:

MUCH better...I have an image to preserve...even if it's only in my own mind...

Rue
06-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Rue; Just leave the snakes out too. Like heat seeking sharks.

...but what if she misses and eats the dachshund?

Rue
06-26-2010, 11:06 PM
http://www.snakewalker.com/movieclips/gophersnakecloseBV.MPG
Lol, They do exist!!! thumbs2:

LOL! Who knew?

Just think how I could embarrass my kids if I walked the snake! Oh the possibilities! :hmm3grin2orange:

HomaridNoob6
06-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Alright, that is one heck of a survivalist mouse, ran the gauntlet of snakes and cats and you and managed to come out alive, crazy. I can't speak for your kids, but if I saw my mom walking a snake I would think it was pretty awesome. By the way, just out of curiosity what kind of snake?

Rue
06-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Would your Mom walk a snake? Maybe we can form a club!

It's a 5-year old Vietnamese Blue Beauty...her name is Ling.

Lady Hobbs
06-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Anyone see the irony here..

Chickens
^
Snake
^
mouse and parrots
^
cat
^
fish

All you need now is a pet Fox

Rue
06-26-2010, 11:56 PM
LOL...well, we know where a den is...we saw the cubs playing last week...:hmm3grin2orange:

In the meantime...3 of the horses went walkies...and one walked through my garden! Now I gotta go fill in the holes...:help:

Trillianne
06-27-2010, 12:43 AM
Now if you REALLY want to do it up right you could sometimes walk the snake and sometimes walk an "invisible snake."

They will think you have gone completely round the bend at that point... and then you can increase your flock of birds and voila! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

HomaridNoob6
06-27-2010, 01:15 AM
Would your Mom walk a snake? Maybe we can form a club!

It's a 5-year old Vietnamese Blue Beauty...her name is Ling.

I wish, she's scared of snakes. Those are awesome snakes, very aptly named, the species, and your snake! I would like to have snakes again, but I rent a studio apartment from my mom and it was hard enough to talk her into letting me have fishtanks, I don't think I have enough money to bribe her into letting me have a snake or snakes. Although, sticking to the subject, she did allow me to let a couple large garter snakes loose when we had a mouse problem. I loved it, loose snakes in the house, what could be much cooler than that!

Rue
06-27-2010, 03:56 AM
Trillianne! Invisible snake! Brilliant! Wanna come walking with me???

lobsternoob: You're missing your window of opportunity. Tell your Mom the suite has mice...and then show her the snake leash...promise her you'll feed it, and brush it and take it for walks, and you'll luv it forever...

...she'll come around...trust me...

Trillianne
06-27-2010, 06:43 AM
Rue since its you, I'd love to! Though I'd probably ruin it by having a demented grin on my face from trying not to laugh.

Though it is a long walk from my house to Canada :scratchheadyellow:

Little Embers
06-27-2010, 06:45 AM
At least everyone made it out ALIVE..so that has to be a win/win all around. :hmm3grin2orange:

Obviously you are feeding your cats TOO MUCH Rue..:hmm3grin2orange:

Rue
06-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Rue since its you, I'd love to! Though I'd probably ruin it by having a demented grin on my face from trying not to laugh.

Though it is a long walk from my house to Canada :scratchheadyellow:

...do you have access to a bicycle? Makes the trip faster!

Rue
06-28-2010, 01:35 AM
At least everyone made it out ALIVE..so that has to be a win/win all around. :hmm3grin2orange:

Obviously you are feeding your cats TOO MUCH Rue..:hmm3grin2orange:

Yes...well...when you live with a personal zoo...everyone learns early on NOT to eat their roommates...

Guess the cats can't tell who's friend or food...

gadget228
06-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Why does everyone always say Oh look, how cute that cat is playing with that mouse, The mouse sure isn't looking at it that way. :ssuprised:

You have horses, cats, dogs, snakes, birds, fish. Maybe the mouse thought you have room for just one more. :ssmile:

Rue
06-28-2010, 01:56 PM
...I'll blame my daughter then...she once mentioned that she plans on getting a couple of mice as pets (at some point)...maybe the little mouse thought she was interviewing?