PDA

View Full Version : Signs of pregnancy?

~Erik3.8.07~
06-02-2007, 11:58 PM
Hi, im a beginner and not really sure how to tell if a fish is pregnant. I have 2 dalmation mollies and pretty sure one is male and one is female. The female seems bigger and is not as active and seems to be trying to stay close to the heater. I have read that the male will act aggressive towards a female when they want to mate and will continue to be aggressive after pregnancy if there is only one female. This seems to be the case and the female will try and hide in the rocks and plants when the male comes around. Does this mean she's pregnant? And if so what should i do to prepare for the babies? i really could use some :help:

Abbeys_Mom
06-03-2007, 01:13 AM
Generally, Live bearers are pregnant when you buy them. The are able to breed when they are about 7 weeks old and can drop fry every 4 weeks for about a year with no male present. Mollies will look square in the back by their anal fin a day or two before they drop fry. Sometimes a larger water change will encourage them to drop their fry. Soon you will have more fish then you know what to do with :)

~Erik3.8.07~
06-03-2007, 02:02 AM
thanks for the help abbeys mom. Im fairly sure she is pregnant and since i dont have anywhere to put the babies i called a friend who has done this before come and take care of her. N he's gonna show me everything i need to know for the next time she may be pregnant. :)

Halelorf
08-12-2008, 11:48 AM
we are talking about pregnant fish, not humans...

cocoa_pleco
08-12-2008, 03:58 PM
threads from last june

Halelorf
08-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Someone posted about about a help/advice site for pregnant women, which seems to have been deleted.

cocoa_pleco
08-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Someone posted about about a help/advice site for pregnant women, which seems to have been deleted.

lol, too bad i missed it!