PDA

View Full Version : Eel Cave

Full3R
04-20-2006, 04:11 AM
For some Eels and Some Fish homes with numerous entrances are a must
With this DIY ill tell you how t make an undergavel hideaway which has numerous exits and entrys

You will need
*a small Storeage container to fit your requirments
*pipe wide enough for your fish to get in and out of
*Aquarium Friendly Silicone
*Decorative plants, Rocks, Gravel ETC
*Cutting materials (hacksaw)

Step 1
Cut the several holes in the storage containers bottom that will just fit around the pipe you have

Step 2
Cut the pipe into sections about 4 icnhes long

Step 3
Put the pipe in the hole and lay silicone on both the inside and the outside of the bottom of the caint securly around the pipe where it fits in the hole (allow atleast 2 1/2 inches to poke out the bottom)

Step 4
Ok, Now you should have a storage container upside down with seeral pipes sticking out the bottom, now u can decorate the pipe with the plants, rocks ETC by sticking them on with Aquarium Friendly Silicone

Step 5
Leaving the storage conatiner lid on put a thin layer of gravel through the pipes so that on the inside of the lid there is gravel

Step 6
Now bury the storage container so that only a small amount of pipe is sticking out of the gravel but the storage conatiner is fully submerged

This will allow the Fisht o feel safe at home

William
04-20-2006, 04:12 AM
Thanks for posting these.

Full3R
04-20-2006, 04:16 AM
i said i would didn't i? plus it earns me points in which i have no idea what they mean, and, it'll atttract more people to the site

William
04-20-2006, 04:24 AM
Yes, You did but I wanted to thank you none the less.

Full3R
04-20-2006, 04:29 AM
well your welcome as soon as i get more ill post em up

DemonShark
04-23-2006, 04:42 PM
hey yea what do the points do?

William
04-23-2006, 10:05 PM
nothing at the moment.

kirbyr
08-15-2006, 05:38 PM
We have a ropefish and one day one of the caps somehow came off of the undergravel filter for places where we do not have tubes. we noticed that the ropefish was missing and later saw him come out of the hole, so just put a decorative cave over the opened hole in the undergravel filter and left it open. The ropefish loves it, and none of the other fish are narrow enough to get in it. Perfect for him

Full3R
08-15-2006, 05:43 PM
yeah thats where i got the idea from only once i left my fish alone and let him go in and out freely (he was a ghost) but he ended up getting sick from the build up under the filter and died :(

kirbyr
08-15-2006, 06:03 PM
that's no good, hopefully the same fate isn't for our rope. but he does like it

Full3R
08-15-2006, 06:08 PM
well my ghost was very small at the time so yeah, how big is your rope fish around and lenght

kirbyr
08-15-2006, 06:31 PM
circumfrence is pretty small actually, but it is about 14 inches in length. I'd say the circumfrence isn't over and an inch, if that more like 3/4

Full3R
08-15-2006, 06:41 PM
i see, ive never actually seen a rope fish except pictures so i was curious if they were indeed fat fish or not

kirbyr
08-15-2006, 06:45 PM
this one is definetly not, can't really speak for others because this is the only one i've ever owned this one is really small around. they're a neat fish to keep though, very fun to watch because when they are out, they rarely stop moving. It's kind of spastic

Full3R
08-15-2006, 06:47 PM
i blieve a friend of a friend had one, yeah he kept it with an oscar, notice i talk about this rope fish in past tense, i believe he went away and then forgot to feed his oscar but it wasnt hungry when he got back

Fishguy2727
08-16-2006, 02:11 AM
ropefish are all pretty thinly built. i dont think ive seen one that was even a full inch in circumference.