Full3R
04-20-2006, 03:48 AM
With this you will need

*Plexyglass a bit bigger then the back plate of glass on your fish tank
*plexyglass cutting tools
*Aquarium Friendly Silicone
*Gravel, Rocks, Fake Plats, anything extra

Step 1
Boil the Rocks, Gravel, Fake plants, Plexyglass and any extra things you wish to use as you would any new addition to the tank

Step 2
Make measurements of the inside of the back of your tank

Step 3
Cut the Plexyglass into sevral sections that are manageable

Step 4
Layout how you wish to design the background on the plexyglass

Step 5
Begin to add each decoration onto the plexyglass with a dab of Aquarium Friendly Silicone (it helps if the side you are sticking the rocks to is a bit ruffed up it will stick better)

Step 6
again boil the background

Step 7
Place the the background in the back of the tank and bury the bottom of the shet in the gravel and lean one or two larger rocks against them and you have a rocky background

crackatinny
11-13-2006, 09:48 AM
I was only talking to the nephew the other night about doing something very similar, have you tried it?, I have an undergravel filter for the tank it was going to go in, I was thinking of cutting the back just short of the uprights and putting in a smaller piece at each end to conceal these.

Lady Hobbs
12-01-2006, 12:20 AM
They love the rocky background effects that you just glue to the glass from the inside. Pretty cool looking. Problem is, the center bar on the aquarium gets in the way of installing so has to be cut in pieces which takes away from the effect.

I also like the backgrounds now that go on the back of the tank that are self sticking. Saves messing with the scotch tape and trying to get it to stick.