PDA

View Full Version : Boy did I goof!!!

Splish
06-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Last night while shopping for a small aquarium (I was looking into the eclipse 6 gal system but ultimately chose a different small tank) my husband, who has shown NO interest in aquariums, said "Let's get this 16gal glass aqueon kit."

I said it's too heavy for the shelf, where would we put it, and talked him out of it. Right now I am shooting myself!!! We bought a 6.6 gal instead.

I already started to set up the 6.6gal last night, added flourite and a layer of moon sand, some plants. I loved the 16 gal.:1luvu: but was afraid of the weight, now I think I could have found a place for it.

Although my husband also insisted we put a curly lucky bamboo in the 16 gal, petco had stuck them in the aquatic plant section. I said I don't think that's an aquatic plant, and it doesn't look like real nature (the look I want) If we got the 16gal. I would have to put the bamboo in it...

still.. was probably worth it.

Lady Hobbs
06-16-2010, 03:11 PM
That bamboo will rot in a tank but will live for a time if the top is out of the water.

Guess you will just have to go back now and get that 16 gallon. :)

ohmikeosh
06-16-2010, 03:34 PM
My first tank was a 29 gallon that I bought over a month ago and I wish now I would of went bigger, but look at the bright side you now have something bigger to look forward to and you have time to plan it all out. You could plan out live plants and different stocking options, rocks, different substrate. Now you can get your fix in with the 6g and after a while you will wish you did something different whether it be gravel or sand, or driftwood and then you could apply it to the new bigger tank. I am finding in this hobby that you always want more tanks, or bigger tanks. So it is best to take your time and make your tank the way you want it. Good luck with the tank(s)...

Spardas
06-16-2010, 05:45 PM
With this hobby, I always try to find more spots for a tank in the home, lol.

After getting your feet wet and building some experience, you can get the 16 and start another kind of tank. :hmm3grin2orange:

SkipW
06-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the never ending "I think I should have bought a bigger tank" syndrome. Work with the tank you have, learn from all the mistakes you will make and decisions you will question, then plan for the next tank. And I'm pretty sure it will be a lot bigger than a 16 Gal when the time comes. thumbs2:

Lots of info and help here to learn from.

mediamonster
06-28-2010, 08:38 PM
My first was a 22 long and now i have scrapped it (broke outside while cleaning) I now have 2-46gallon bow fronts and a 150gallon. I know want something in the neighborhood of about 300-500 gallon and i have been looking into making my own indoor pond in my basement. It is never ending.