PDA

View Full Version : Tiny black spots on shubunkin goldfish?

Asmodeus
06-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Hello,
Several weeks ago, I noticed some ich (white spots) on several of my shubunkin goldfish. I moved my fish into a hospital tank to treat them, and also treated my main tank as well. In about a week's time, there were no further signs of ich, but while I was waiting for my tank to cycle again before putting my fish back in, I noticed that there are some tiny black spots on one of my shubunkins. They are on his body as well as his fins and tail - VERY small in size. I read somewhere that some fish develop black spots as a sign of healing from ich. Does this have any truth? However, it also said that the spots will last for only a few days to a week, and I have been waiting over a week for them to clear up. The spots are still present, but I'm beginning to wonder if they are just natural? I take a good look at all of my fish every day, but for some reason, I can't seem to remember if this shubunkin has always had these tiny black spots. Does this sound normal for shubunkins? He is not showing any signs of irritation (rubbing gravel/plants, etc.)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

smaug
06-15-2010, 07:38 PM
We really gotta have pics to help with this one.But maybe this could help.
http://www.happy-goldfish.com/black_spot.php

Lady Hobbs
06-15-2010, 10:06 PM
If you ever need to remove your fish for treating again, add a couple drops of pure ammonia each day to the tank to feed that bacteria and wait for it to read 0 on the tester before putting your fish back in. That way your bacteria will not die out.

But, since you treated the whole tank, not sure why you removed him to start with.

little hawaii
06-15-2010, 10:37 PM
I know that male goldfish will get tubercles around their head region when ready to spawn. Wart like bumps. Are they raised spots?