PDA

View Full Version : Blue danio died...sob

abrar90
06-15-2010, 04:48 PM
One of my female blue danio died just now... from morning when i had bought from the shop...she was swimming close to the surface...she had a little tint of red near her belly...donno what was it... Since evening she started swimming upside down... and then died... other 3 danios are good.. i added half handful of salt.

Was it velvet?? and are the other danios also vulnerable??

What should i do??

Foxalert
06-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Go back to the petshop and demand a new one.

In Holland the petshop must give you a new one if it dies in 6 month after purchase.

I wouldnt put any salt in the water.

Lady Hobbs
06-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Fish die. Sad fact of life. I lost a glolight tetra this morning for no apparent reason, too. He was swimming and eating fine an hour ago and I just looked over and there he was.

abrar90
06-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Are the other danios vulnerable?... i have switched off the light.

Sarkazmo
06-15-2010, 11:19 PM
We don't know what it is as there's so many possibilities. Call the fish store and tell them what happened and that you need a replacement fish. It could be disease, acclimation stress, or just it's time to die.

Sark

Brhino
06-15-2010, 11:21 PM
In Holland the petshop must give you a new one if it dies in 6 month after purchase.

6 months!? Wow. My LFS gives you one week, which I thought was pretty good. There are an awful lot of reasons a fish could die in six months, and a lot of them would have nothing to do with the store it came from. That's amazing.

Spardas
06-16-2010, 01:34 AM
6 months, wow, I'm moving to Holland, lol.