PDA

View Full Version : what kinda damsel?

cocoa_pleco
05-31-2007, 08:27 PM
what kind of damsel do i have? i through out my receipt with his name on it?

and for a random pic, the tank itself. I couldnt get more LR today since they got a fresh shipment and it wasnt cycled, but today ALL corals were 30% off so i got a wicked one

Drumachine09
05-31-2007, 08:30 PM
Looks almost like a white spotted damsel with one spot. Lemme do some research.

cocoa_pleco
05-31-2007, 08:47 PM
hes brown, and towards the top theres a patch of white on each side

2manyfish
06-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Definitely of the Dascyllus family, maybe reticulatus? Juveniles will have a white spot on either side then it fades with age. In the pic it looks like the fish has a dark band running vertically behind it's head area, is that right?

cocoa_pleco
06-01-2007, 09:31 PM
yep, hes got a band to him

2manyfish
06-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Then I'll stick with the reticulatus ID! :ezpi_wink1:
Supposedly they are not nearly as aggressive as dominos or either of the striped damsels so another tankmate would be possible. IF you did decide to add another fish it should be fairly scrappy and you will need to rearrange the rockwork in order for the newcomer to have a fair chance in the tank. I have also found that it helps if you overfeed the established fish before releasing a new one into the tank. Aggressive fish can get rather sluggish with a full belly!

cocoa_pleco
06-03-2007, 02:37 AM
sorry, just read this. when i got my fire shrimp and my mushroom coral today, i asked what could go with the damsel. the guy recommended a flame angel, but the 90$ tag set me back, but otherwise he said a clown MAY work.

And that cool running fish i saw, they had one for sale, a baby black and white one. fair price too, 20$, but they said he eats live food so i kinda only want to have to extra feed the condy. I have enough trouble locating the condy, NVM finding this guy!

pnphappy
06-20-2007, 12:43 AM
Even though you gave up, it's a One Stiped Damsel

Also known as Reticulated Damsel as 2manyfish pointed out, but the most common name is Two Striped Damsel