PDA

View Full Version : Something Strange in the Betta tank

HeatherB
06-13-2010, 02:31 AM
I was just sitting on my desk watching my betta when I noted the glass needed to be cleaned. I looked closer and I saw a whole bunch- I mean a TON of small little white things moving/swimming around.

They are TINY. I don't even think I could focus on them with a camera. No larger than a grain of salt, white and move all around on the glass of the tank (where there is algae growing) and also around in the main part of the water. The betta takes no notice, I guess because they are so small.

The only thing I have done to this tank was put some rocks in from outside, but they were well-scrubbed, dumped vinigar over and I poured boiling water over them.

I thought maybe baby ghost shrimp- but mr. Betta ate all of them over 2 weeks ago.

Any ideas?

rich311k
06-13-2010, 02:33 AM
Sounds like planaria. They are harmless and usually show up when there is plenty of food available. Vacuum well and feed less and they will go away.

HeatherB
06-13-2010, 02:38 AM
I am not feeding much- only about 4 to 6 pellets each day. They are all eaten. I did put in a half an algae wafer a few days ago- but removed it when it was not eaten.