PDA

View Full Version : dwarf lilies-- leaf shape and color

Jeddi
06-12-2010, 12:49 AM
I bought a dwarf lily bulb a few weeks ago with just a few leaves on it. At first, it just had a few long, beautiful pink leaves like the second image...:

http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/images/graphics/dwarflily.jpg

After a few days of just letting it sit on the gravel like they had at my lfs, I decided to bury the bulb (didn't do it at first because the leaves and roots are both very fragile). Anyway, it's started growing a lot faster since then and the new leaves are a really dark brown color and less skinny.

Is this normal? If so, how many different colors can I get out of the dwarf lily? :hmm3grin2orange:

annageckos
06-12-2010, 12:51 AM
That's normal. The first leaves come in arrow shaped, but then they start putting out the normal leaves as they get older.

Jeddi
06-12-2010, 12:58 AM
That's normal. The first leaves come in arrow shaped, but then they start putting out the normal leaves as they get older.
Ahh. I thought it had to do with how fast they were growing and how much light they get.

How big do they get? I see a bunch of different info on em... Do they just grow up and eventually have rounded leaves that float on the top like a regular lily?

Oh and I know some bulbs aren't supposed to be buried, but mine seems to like it. Can these be buried or should I not do it?