PDA

View Full Version : How big can monster Betta's get?

MrCoffinHXC
06-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Hey I was wondering how big Monster Betta can get and if someone has one could they post a pic? I really want one and they have a black one at my LPS and I would also like to know if they are agressive twords other fish? THANK,:help: :goldfish: :fish:

Sasquatch
06-08-2010, 03:14 PM
I assume you're talking about giant bettas, if so, I've heard reports of them getting up to 7" long. Half giants (offspring of giants and normal) get half that.

As for aggressivity, they're a betta, so it's a good bet they'll be aggressive, especially in confined spaces. Alone, I'd recommend at least a 10g tank. If you want other fish with it, a 20g long would probably be a minimum.

tori.lock
06-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Judging by your other posts, you shouldn't be looking at fish. Get your tank cycled and get your stand sorted out. Stop looking at fish. You have other things you need to get done before you deal with fish at all, unless it's returning the ones you already have.

the_K
06-11-2010, 02:22 AM
the name "monster" only means that the fish has a white mask or white over the face. thats all it means